I’ve probably been using Tea tree oil for over a decade now and I’m hooked! It is probably one of my favorite medicinal herbs and I keep finding new uses for it! I originally started using a tea tree oil blemish stick back in high school for acne and it always worked so well. Since becoming a Naturopathic Doctor, I’ve broadened my uses for tea tree oil and wanted to share some common conditions for which it can be used!
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil:
- Fungal infections (toe/finger fungus, diaper rash (i can attest this works great for this!), jock itch, vaginal yeast infections)
- Bad breath/inflamed gums
- Treats cuts, scrapes, wounds
- Alleviate itching from bug bites, dermatitis, chicken pox!
- All-purpose Cleaner/Sanitizer
- Killing Mold
- Sinus Congestion
- So much more!
You can find tea tree oil in different forms including:
- essential oil
- body washes
- toothpaste/dental floss/mouth wash
- Hand sanitizer
Tea Tree Precautions:
Please consult your doctor before using Tea Tree Oil. Do not use internally.
Dr. Nicole Lean Lyons, ND